Hello and welcome to the Digital Mammoth blog. Our goal is provide business owners with useful tips and informations so that they can make informed decisions with their digital marketing.
Today we want to explain the steps on how business owners can get new web designed. Many business owners have let us know that they were hesitant on getting a website because they were overwhelmed and didn’t understand the process. We hope to clearly explain the process of a getting a new website, so that you can make an informed decision.
Looking for a qualified web design agency
When looking for a web designer/developer, first look at their portfolio so you can get a sense of their skills. Judge their portfolio work based on design, navigation/usability, and site performance.
As a business owner who isn’t familiar with standard design and development practices, you can tell a website is generally good if it meets the following criteria:
- design looks good
- is easy to navigate
- loads fast
- has no errors or bugs
- ranks well in Google search
Get a quote/estimate
Once you find some web design agencies that have a strong portfolio, meet with them or have a phone call to discuss the specific needs of your website. After discussing your specific requirements, you will receive estimates on how much it will cost to build.
Hire your preferred web designer
You have now chosen your favourite designer based on their quality of work, and the cost they have given you.
Now that the project has begun, the standard website process at Digital Mammoth is as follows:
- A Kick-off meeting to discuss design direction, timeline, domain name options is setup.
- Content and images/video assets are requested from you. If required, a plan is made to hire a content writer and photographer.
- Initial designs are created and sent out for a design approval. Sometimes web design goes through a couple revisions.
- After a design is approved, development of the site begins.
- Web development is completed and sent off for review.
- Once a websites development is completed, it will be tested for browser compatibility and speed.
- Now that the website is completed and approved, it can be launched.
Now that you understand most of the process in getting a new website. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or would like a an estimate!